Saturday, June 14, 2014

23-Movie Night and Mother's Day

I don't think I've seen as many rainbows in my entire LIFE
as I have seen this month of May, 2014!
 
 
 
My son David plays baseball and many nights we were watching the sky, concerned that lightening would be on it's way. They would stop the game for a temporary downpour and then the sun would come back out, we'd see a rainbow, and resume play.
 
 
 

 
This seems to be the story of my life with Robbie. We have ups and downs, good days and bad days. He may get sick, or get violent, but the episodes quickly pass and when he smiles he can light up the whole world.
His smile is as beautiful as a rainbow!
 
 
I could get really philosophical about this, but I'll keep it light. But rainbows really are a perfect example of how we can weather through a violent storm, and then witness something truly beautiful as the sun shines once again. I am amazed even as I watch my own videos how our lives daily dip up and down, and how quickly they turn from good, to bad, to good again. Like little mini thunderstorms. But then as the clouds dissipate, a ray of sunshine peaks through, and sometimes, we have great days, as beautiful as rainbows.
 
 

 
 
 
   In our first video I take Robbie to movie night at church. This is typically for families of little kids who come and lay down on blankets and watch cartoons. But they have Robbie's favorite things:
Pizza, soda and Disney movies! So I took him. While we were inside it poured and when we left there was a big, huge, beautiful rainbow in the sky on our ride home.
 
MOVIE NIGHT
 
 
Next is Mother's Day. We had beautiful weather that day so my daughter Denise suggested we take Robbie for a ride down the shore. Now, some may say "to the beach" but in New Jersey, we say we're going "down the shore". The water's too cold in May, but he enjoyed sitting in the chair watching the waves. The whole day was wonderful until I took him home and no one was there. He got annoyed that he had to wait and didn't want to get back in the car, so he ran away. I won't tell you what happens next, you'll have to watch and see!
 
MOTHER'S DAY MISHAP
 
Like I said, life is full of rainy days, as well as sunshine and rainbows. There are ups and there a downs, literally! LOL
I hope your life gives you many rainbows!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment