Wednesday, January 22, 2014

10-Happy Birthday

December 27, 2013


 

 
          In all of Robbie's 24 years I never gave him a birthday party, except for ones at home with family. I explain why in this video. Today, I went to his day program to give him a party. Unlike school and his old day program, this place understands people with Autism and how they have a lot of trouble with being off from their daily routine. So they understand how important it is to NOT close for a week for the holidays! So happily Robbie got to go spend the day at his program on his birthday, two days after Christmas. He was such a happy guy that day!

 
After pizza and cake they all went swimming, which they do every Friday. Robbie loves the water. I think he would live in the water if he could! He frolicked and splashed to his heart's delight.
 
His new recliner was delivered that afternoon. At first they wanted to deliver it in the morning, but I told them I specifically requested delivery in the afternoon because no one would be at the house in the morning. I didn't want to say no "staff" would be there, because after the experience at Macy's, I didn't want there to be a problem. At first they were going to change the delivery to next week, but after I told them it was a present for Robbie's birthday, she put me on hold, came back on the phone, and said the chair would be delivered that afternoon. Woo hoo!
 
 
He's not smiling in this picture, but watch the video and you'll see how happy he was with his new recliner! For dinner, his old roommate came to visit along with his old aide from the group home he used to live at.
 
 
They both miss Robbie. I was nervous for him to see them, because it might confuse him, and he may think he is supposed to go home with them. But he was fine, and happy to come home to his new chair. Whew!
 
Here's the video of the day. :-)
 
 
 
If you missed the story about the recliner, here is Episode 4.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment