Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3 - Losing Sleep

Friday, December 20, 2013 Episodes 3-"Losing Sleep" and 4-"Happy Accident"

      After getting called twice because Robbie was throwing tantrums and attacking the staff, I have been spending the night on the couch at Robbie's new group home for a week.

  In episode 3, I wake up in the morning and get Robbie up and ready to go to his day program.
    You'll  see how they dispense meds, which is pretty cool. They come in individual blister packets with the date on each pill, so there never is confusion as to whether or not he got his meds. I wish I knew this existed when he lived at home! So many days I sent him off to school and said "Oh no! Did I give him his meds?" Then I'd have to count the pills in the bottle and try to guess if I gave it to him or not. All group homes use this system. I don't know if it's available to the public, but it can't hurt to ask.
               (Click the link)
                                              


Episode 4 is Friday night.


Robbie trying out recliners in Macy's


     Here Robbie comes home from day program with his buddy who he loves. You'll hear him say "We had an accident on the way home" and I shut off the camera because I thought he meant a car accident! (It's the Friday before Christmas so traffic is crazy) But he meant that Robbie had peed his pants. He wears a diaper but he went so much that it leaked. Robbie went swimming that day, and he drinks a lot of water in the pool. (I know, gross, but I can't catch him doing it to make him stop, He just loves the water too much!) So he always has a few accidents after he swims.
    In this episode I also go buy a recliner for his new home for his birthday. In his old group home, his roommate had an old recliner and Robbie loved to sit in it. So I wanted him to have something of his own in the new house. But as you'll see in the video, I was refused insurance because it was going into a group home! So I told them what they could do with their chair ;-) ;-) and went somewhere else.

                                                             Episode 4: Happy Accident
                                                                 

 
 
If you want to see the new recliner when it arrives, you'll just have to wait
until Robbie's Birthday!
(episode 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment