Wednesday, January 22, 2014

12-Robbie's Story

January 2, 2014

 
               Parents of kids that are younger than Robbie usually want to know how I got him into a group home. So in these videos I share information that was passed onto me. First, I tell WHY he is in the group home. I thought Robbie would live with me forever. I had no problem with that. But I came to realize, he didn't want to live at home anymore.

Robbie's Story: Part 1. WHY he is in a group home.


In the video I describe how much he hated holidays. Funny, as I look back at old photos, every time I tried to get that Christmas Card photo, Robbie never sat still for the picture and always pitched a fit! Here are a few:

 

 
 I can laugh at these now! LOL
 
He is whining and refusing to sit. The girls are holding him down.
 
Patti is holding him, but he is not cooperating

 Denise is holding onto him to try and make him sit

Here' he refuses to sit and is starting to get too big to hold down.
 

It's subtle, but Dad and I are restraining him a bit to keep him from running away.
 (Yep, that's my real hair color! ;-)

He was REALLY having a fit this day. Denise just got the dog that day, and I think Robbie was afraid of it. The dog didn't last long.
 
 

 

It wasn't until he had his first seizure that I started putting two and two together, and realized he always got sick on holidays. Here are some pictures I took in September 2012 when we stayed in the hospital for a couple days for an EEG.

                           
 

 
 
In Part 2- I share HOW I got him into the group home. No one tells you how to do this. I just "happened" to run into the right people who gave me the information I needed. Now I'm happy to pass it on to other parents.
 
Robbie's Story: Part 2 HOW he got into a group home.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment