Thursday, January 9, 2014

6-"Sorting it out"



      Sunday December 22, 2013  Episode 9- "Sorting it out"



     The weather was incredible this day, it was 70*! So to keep Robbie busy we went for a walk around the block. Throughout his life he has run away many times. A couple of our neighbors have pools and he usually went toward the pools, but never got in. And, yes, he can swim. I'll show that in another blog. Sometimes he ran through the woods and I had to chase him in bare feet through the mud. Other times he snuck out and we had to call 911 for the police to find him. One time my husband heard the call in his truck and the guys working with him said "That sounds like they're talking about your son" and he said "No it can't be, it's too far away from my house". Sure enough, it was Robbie! Thank God the police in my town know Robbie. We got him a medical I.D. bracelet with his address on it which he wore for a while, but always managed to get it off.
    I learned a new word when he moved in to the first group home. It's called "Eloping" when they do this. They asked if he ever eloped, LOL, and I thought they were asking if he ever ran away and got married! I figured it would be a good idea, in case he ever decided to elope from the new home, to teach him to turn left outside, rather than turn right toward the busy road. When I take him along on my own fitness walk he knows the way, and always knows exactly where to go. So I decided to teach him his new surroundings.
    Also, you'll see Robbie show off his sorting skills. This is an activity he learned in school, which helps with job skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment