Wednesday, January 8, 2014

5-The Breaking Point

Saturday December 21, 2013.
                   This was a long day. I had to break it up into 3 videos that day. Episode 6,7,8


                                                         

 Episode 6-"The Breaking Point"


        I left the group home that morning after sleeping over, and went to work. Since he had such a great day on Friday, I thought he'd be OK while I left for 4 hours. But by 1:00 I got a phone call  to come back because Robbie was agitated.

     His mood was terrible and I needed to cheer him up, so we went to visit my daughter Denise at her apartment.. Robbie loves his sisters, and the feeling is mutual, as you'll be able to see when we arrive she jumps up and down at the door, LOL.

 

   While we were inside I realized that I would have to put some of my life on hold for a while so I could tend to Robbie during this whole transition. I sing in a worship band at my church, I sing the female leads, and my friend Matt sings all the male leads and plays the guitar.



 This was an important weekend, the one before Christmas, but I made the decision to bow out on Sunday, in case I got called to Robbie's house for an emergency. I didn't want to call at the last minute on Sunday morning, so I called Matt to tell him I won't make it on Sunday so he could get another singer to fill in for me. He prayed for me over the phone.....and then I lost it.
    After a month of running back and forth, sleeping on the couch, meeting the police at the house, and worrying about him having a seizure due to the stress....the dam finally burst.

                                                                  "The Breaking Point"



Episode 7-"Me and My Shadow" 
 
 
   When we were at Denise's apartment, you may have noticed I got nervous about him laying down under the blanket. That's what he does when he starts making himself sick. If it continues, he'll start vomiting, and then have a seizure. So I needed to perk him up. I took Robbie to the bagel store and while they made my Panini, we sat and had a soda. A little sugar and caffeine usually perks him up. Since his fine motor skills aren't all that great, he has invented his own way of opening up a bottle. :-)
     I was going to be sleeping over at the group home again, and I don't take showers there, so we stopped home so I could shower. I wanted him to stay happy, so I had my husband take him for a ride in the car playing music to keep him busy. So for those of you who have been wondering where Robbie's Dad is this whole time....here's your answer!
 
 
                                                                      "Me and My Shadow"
 
 
 
Episode 8- "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere"
 
After visiting Denise, we went to Stop 'N Shop and and cruised around being silly singing in the car. It was a long day and Mommy was losing it by the end of the day! LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment